Family Caregivers often put their own health in jeopardy while they provide care for parents, spouses, grandchildren, neighbors and others. NH Care Collaborative’s ServiceLink Options Counselors help family caregivers identify plans and services for themselves as well as for those for whom they care.
What is the Caregiver Support Program?
In the monadnock Region and Sullivan County, ServiceLink Options Counselors are trained to implement the services of the NH Family Caregiver Program. Person Centered Options Counselors:
- Help caregivers to assess their needs and access local programs and services
- Provide individual counseling
- Connect caregivers with caregiver support groups
- Offer education and training to help develop caregiving skills
- Assist full time family caregivers to explore respite and home modification options
- Provide regular follow up for caregivers approved for a NH Family Caregiver Program respite grant
Who is Eligible?
All family caregivers are encouraged to contact us to explore options.
To apply for the NH Family Caregiver Program respite grant you must be 18 years old or older and unpaid. A ServiceLink Options Counselor can provide you with additional information about your eligibility.
Questions? Contact Us
What Happens Next?
Reach out to either Monadnock or Sullivan County ServiceLink to talk to an options counselor. They can discuss the program with you and talk about your next steps. An options counselor may come to your home for a visit if you would like.